Nez'z Plaze

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

House of Cardz

Ever built a house of cards? Really high?
Ever watched it crash spectacularly to the ground?

Welcome to my world.

I am foolishly trying to get settled into a new house, rehearse a show, and cover someone else's job and my own at work. I'm a little bit on the stressed side.

I'm tired of living out of boxes. I'm not too fond of the half-finished "renovations" all over the house. I'm exhausted sitting through rehearsal. And I'm sick of not getting my work done because I'm doing someone else's.

I was advised last night by someone very wise, "Get some alcohol and some ice cream. Combine and drown troubles." (This statement is very paraphrased.)

Next time... I don't think I'll use cards. And maybe I'll try to do fewer things at once.

1 Comments:

  • Hey there, darlin'. That was my problem for the last few years. I was too concerned with doing everything that I wanted, that I was burning out. Between work, choir, Kow, theatre and a social life, I didn't have enough time to rest or to just absorb, decompress and integrate my experiences into my psyche.

    This past year, I gave up some very important things for a year, and found that, while I didn't get to do everything I wanted, I also didn't burn out nearly as much. Right now, however, because I'm getting back into theatre, I'm starting down that slippery slope once again.

    Take some advice from me, darlin'. Please, no matter how much you love all the things you do, take care of yourself first. Take some time out to rest your brain and your psyche. Like muscles, only by resting and giving your brain a chance to catch up can you learn from your experiences.

    Hugs.

    By Blogger the Worst Ninja Ever, at 9:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home