Nez'z Plaze

Friday, May 06, 2005

Samurai-ze!!

I am a HUGE fan of foreign films! I don't know... maybe I just have a thing for subtitles or something. So WorstNinja, Dr. Teeth, the ScottyBomb and I watched "Seven Samurai" last night. A wonderful epic, and it had that marvelous "Lord of the Rings" effect (of being a 3 hour movie that feels about 45 minutes long).

The acting was great, the over-acting was wonderful and the comic relief was perfect. Of course, we couldn't help having our own MST3K moments every now and then:

The scene: early morning

A samurai has just returned to the village after being gone all night. He has stolen into enemy camp in an attempt to take one of the three guns owned by the bandits.

As the samurai runs up the path to the village gate, gun in one hand, sword in the other:


Ninja: Sorry guys, I had to leave one behind! I only have two hands!


So there was much enjoyment of that movie!


Then we played "Settlers of Catan"

My settlements were named Myopia.

It was a great night!

2 Comments:

  • What is it with you and the letter "Z"?

    Yes, "Seven Samurai" was a fantastic film, made all the more so by good friends and MST3K. Also, the replacement of the regular intermission music with the Monty Python intermission music. More epic films should be watched this way... by us, naturally.

    By Blogger the Worst Ninja Ever, at 9:36 p.m.  

  • I would like to second the notion of "good times had by all". I'm not usually a huge fan of MST3King a movie I've never seen, but at 3h20m, Seven Samurai would have been a much less enjoyable experience without the few moments of levity.

    "Every village has a Manzo."

    By Blogger The Doc, at 4:03 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home