Nez'z Plaze

Sunday, July 03, 2005

4 Dayz of ScottyBomb

So we have just finished the 2nd annual 4-Day Date.
Last year, around Canada Day, I happened to have an extra-long long weekend. So ScottyBomb and I decided to visit some of the Edmonton attractions. We hit the Oddyssium, the Muttart Conservatory, the Provincial Museum, the Valley Zoo and Ft. Edmonton Park.

We did the same thing this year. Of course, there have been some name changes: the Oddyssium is now the Telus World of Science (or as I like to call it, the Telus-is-Trying-to-Buy-Edmonton-Building) and, thanks to the Royal Visit, the Provincial Museum is now the Royal Museum of Alberta.

Thank goodness the weather was nice. I managed to avoid sunburn everywhere except my forehead, so I wasn't feeling so hot (no pun intended) the other night. But we had a good time. Took some pictures, ate some ice cream, bought some funny presents for each other (I got to cross something of my list!). ScottyBomb bought me Kenya at the zoo! It was great!

And since it's become an annual thing now, I can't wait for next year! Maybe we'll have time to add something else to the list of places. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get them off my camera.

***The following paragraph is full of mushy-lovey stuff. You have been warned***
I spent the entire weekend being completely smitten. You know that feeling you get at the beginning of a relationship?
It's when your eyes are kind of glazed over and you find yourself saying things like, "You should watch him breathe, he's so good at it." When everyone within a 15 foot radius gets a toothache from the two of you, that's smit.
Then your brain regains control and you turn into a normal human being again and (hopefully) start building connections and feelings that go deeper than that. ScottyBomb and I have been dating almost 1 1/2 years; we've already done that whole "honeymoon" phase, moved on and now have a wonderful, loving relationship.
But this weekend was different. It was smit all over again. SMIT!!! More than once I caught myself staring at him thinking, "He's cute!"
I don't think I could stop loving this guy if I tried. He's my sexy, blonde-surfer-hair, wrestlin'-lovin', game-playing geek and I love him with all I've got.
***Mushy part over. Thank you***
So the long weekend was great, but now I have to sleep. It's back to the grind bright and early tomorrow.
I'll be early, but I refuse to be bright!!

1 Comments:

  • I don't think I've ever seen you being mushy before. It's kinda cute!

    I was smit a couple of times in my youth, but one has since fallen in love with and married a perfectly wonderful young man and they have a lovely child together, and the other is no further away than a phone call I'm scared of making. *sigh* One day, I'll be smit with a girl who is also smit with me...

    I wish you guys all the best with the love from my heart, and not my pants. That costs extra.

    By Blogger the Worst Ninja Ever, at 9:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home